Safety Manager opportunity with a leading electrical contractor based in Tampa, FL!
The Electrical Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring the implementation of safety best practices and implementation of the Electrical Safety and Health (S&H) Program. Effectively managing electrical safety program elements, developing and implementing electrical safe work practices, leading and implementing new electrical safety best practices, assisting with outages and complex plans for control of hazardous energy and conducting training of all aspects of electrical safety management.
- Creating, developing and implementing electrical safety training plans
- Understanding and interpreting electrical safety standards; the National Electric Code (NEC), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)70E, NESC (National Electrical Safety Code) and overseeing and managing the NFPA 70E program
- Reviewing, developing and modifying electrical safety specifications for internal operations, subcontractors, GC, and/or Owner Representative; and providing input on bid decisions, proposal development and estimates (scope, constraints, schedules, budgets) for integration and compliance with safety requirements i.e., subcontract development support
- Monitoring and measuring electrical safety management program elements.
- Reporting electrical safety management performance results to senior management.
- Remaining current with all regulatory, operational, and technical matters relative to electrical safety management
- Participating in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors and advising on project-specific Risk and Hazard mitigation plans, S&H training program, and technical reports
- Assist in identification of safety related training needs as well as conducting safety related training
- Review reports for trends and make recommendations for protocol adjustments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Engineering preferred, but not mandatory
- OSHA 30 certification required
- 10+ years of electrical safety management experience
- Trainer Designation – OSHA 500/502 – Safety and Health / Occupational Safety degree from an ABET accredited program – Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) – Willingness to pursue Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) – Previous electrical / construction / industrial /federal and commercial S&H experience, Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional (CESCP)
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Written and verbal skills must be strong
Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply for this position. Include the position and location in the subject line of your email.
There may be additions, deletions and modifications to the qualifications and functions of this job periodically. Employees must perform all duties assigned to them by management. CORE Safety Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.