Safety Manager – Chicago Heights, IL
CORE Safety Group is a nationwide safety management and loss control consultant. We are currently seeking a Safety Manager for a temporary to direct hire position in Chicago Heights, IL with a refractory company.
The Safety Manager will partner with all areas of the organization to develop effective and progressive safety solutions to drive a culture of safety excellence and performance improvement with sustainable change within the manufacturing facility. This position will be a visible and passionate leader, responsible for managing and mentoring the Health Safety and Environmental team to successfully plan, develop, review and administer proactive environmental, safety and health programs.
- Reviews, implements and provides overall guidance for implementation of company-wide safety programs such as behavior based safety programs, non-routine task evaluations, risk assessments, new ISO safety and environmental standards, and general corporate safety policies and programs.
- Provides proactive insight and guidance when reviewing engineering controls/design changes to minimize safety and occupational hazards. (e.g., machine guarding, ergonomics, traffic, fire/explosion, noise, upset conditions)
- Effectively manage Worker’s Compensation from communication with the employee to the medical professional. Conduct post-accident investigations to determine the root cause and develop effective and timely action plans.
- Leads, mentors, empowers and guides a local team of health safety personnel to develop standard safe work instructions, conduct follow up work related to safety incidents, near misses, and safety improvement suggestions from employees, developing out of the box solutions for more complex safety challenges when needed.
- Gives timely response to internal and external customers. Clearly communicates with team members through face to face meetings, phone, email, and other written correspondence.
- Lead team to be prepared to interact with HSE regulatory authorities, in the context of inspections and new regulatory requirements.
- Align with regional resources, both internal and external to the company, to utilize outside expertise and pilot new programs.
- Develops forward thinking ideas by partnering with Operations leadership to develop new insightful solutions to daily issues and mitigate risk.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a safety management role.
- Minimum of 3 years in leading, coaching and mentoring a team.
- Experience and thorough understanding of OSHA requirements with an ability to demonstrate a strong general knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements for the United States.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental or technical discipline or business program from an accredited college or university OR relevant safety certification is a plus!
- Experience with multiple training techniques to effectively deliver training to those with different learning styles.
- Experience and practice of safety methodology or safety process knowledge.
- Experience facilitating critical conversations to develop win/win solutions in high stress, fast paced and complex structures.
- OSHA certified trainer is preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, use hands and arms, reach, and talk or hear. They are regularly required to balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. They must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities include accurate near and distant vision.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. Include the position and location in the subject line of your email.
There may be additions, deletions and modifications to the qualifications and functions of this job periodically. Employees must perform all duties assigned to them by management. CORE Safety Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.