Human Resources Manager – Chattanooga, TN
We are a small but rapidly going consulting company! We are currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team in Chattanooga, TN.
The Human Resources Manager oversees and assists with daily operations to include benefits, compensation, employee relations, wellness oversight, payroll processes and administration. This position provides administrative support to the office and field staff which includes being the first point of contact for employees.
- Administers and coordinates employee benefit programs
- Prepares correspondence regarding benefits as needed
- Assists with employee onboarding and terminations
- Participates in developing new policies, procedures and programs
- Answers employee questions about human resources policies and procedures
- Implements Employee/People Relations training and benefit programs; including communications
- Leads problem resolution with respect to issues with benefits enrollment and vendor relations (to include brokers and outside providers)
- Payroll processing-weekly and bi-weekly pay periods.
- Processes state tax payments and reconciliations for multiple payroll companies
- Ensures proper setup of benefit codes in the Accounting Software in agreement with employee benefit elections.
- Tracks, pays, and/or maintains per diem, mileage, 401k submission, and salary sheets
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Creates forms, spreadsheets, and presentations as needed
- Communicates with other departments, employees, administrators, providing information and assistance regarding employment and personnel records.
- Assists in hiring process by providing an overview to benefits and services of the department to prospective new hires
- Assists in educating employees on Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K benefits
- Maintains confidentially concerning personnel actions, legal actions, termination and organizational plans.
- Researches Human Resources Laws and Rulings as needed
- Stays concurrent with new laws and regulations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in HR generalist or benefits role
- Associates degree or higher; Bachelor’s degree preferred (more experience, in lieu of a degree, will be accepted)
- Experience in Construction Industry preferred
- Knowledge of Office Administrative Services responsibilities/duties and procedures
- Problem Solving Skills
- Active Listening Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Shows initiative and a sense of urgency
- Excellent organization skills and able to prioritize work
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills using Salesforce, SharePoint, MS Office, Excel
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. Include the position and location in the subject line of your email.
There may be additions, deletions and modifications to the qualifications and functions of this job periodically. Employees must perform all duties assigned to them by management. CORE Safety Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.