HSE Manager – Chicago Heights, IL
Looking for a high energy and team-oriented safety professional for a permanent Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager opportunity with a refractory in Chicago Heights, IL!
The HSE Manager’s purpose is to ensure ongoing compliance to required HSE standards, OSHA regulations, and DHEC/EPA environmental policies through effective training of well-defined procedures, thorough auditing of performance to those procedures, and leading overall plant initiatives to highlight and carry out improvement opportunities to reduce risk
- Act as primary HSE contact for the CG plant – oversee full implementation of corporate safety and environmental standards that insure OSHA, EPA and governmental regulatory compliance.
- Supports creation of HSE goals for front line supervisor team and appropriate activity-based goals to drive HSE culture.
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, EPA and State/Local regulators).
- Ensure that required regulatory permits are acquired, reports are submitted to regulatory agencies, and any site permit conditions (e.g. recordkeeping, air, storm water, waste, etc.) are met.
- Creates and facilitates HSE employee engagement to reach establish targets and objectives for the year.
- Develop and implement a thorough training program for all manufacturing employees for safety and environmental.
- Work closely with the Management, Quality, Production and Lab personnel to monitor key safety and environmental aspects
- Develop annual Site Safety Improvement Plan and lead efforts to implement and complete as planned.
- Create visual management tools to highlight HSE activity and encourage continuous improvement. Lean tools are to be utilized in process improvement.
- Lead regular audits and assessments to ensure required HSE processes meet standards and are properly followed by the workforce.
- Lead, train, and develop necessary HSE teams and committees that can assist in advancing HSE compliance and be prepared in event of an emergency.
- Maintain a well-organized and documented Emergency Action Plan and conduct tests of this plan to insure it will be properly followed in times of need.
- Lead all HSE incident investigation process, including cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans.
- Management and ensure compliance of Vesuvius safety standards
- Collect all necessary data to submit required internal HSE reports in a timely manner.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in safety management at a manufacturing facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Engineering or equivalent technical discipline preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Experience with OSHA, NFPA, EPA requirements and industrial accepted safe work practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles of HSE risk management.
- Knowledge of ergonomics and behavioral based safety processes.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work in a Union environmental.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Well-developed oral and written skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply for this position. Include the position and location in the subject line of your email.
There may be additions, deletions and modifications to the qualifications and functions of this job periodically. Employees must perform all duties assigned to them by management. CORE Safety Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.