Environmental Safety and Risk Manager – Austin, Texas
Full-time Environmental Safety & Risk Manager opportunity with a heavy civil construction company in Austin, TX.
The Environmental Safety & Risk Manager will execute the Executive Team’s vision of a high performing safety culture. They will lead a team of Safety Professionals that reinforces and continuously improves the company’s Safety Culture. They will be proactive and predictive with risk assessment, management programs and engineering controls to eliminate exposures to employees, the community, owners or the Company. The ESR Manager will engage Employee Owners with Planning and Organizing, by using their skills and abilities, to make sure no one gets hurt, ever
- Provide leadership and support of our Corporate Safety Vision that is implemented locally thru our Area Safety Coordinators
- Develop and deliver training programs to meet the needs of Operations that are compliant with Company, state and federal requirements
- Lead and manage implementation of our Significant Injury and Fatality (SIF) initiatives
- Lead, develop, implement and maintain all environmental, safety and sustainability programs and procedures based on leading indicators and actions.
- Manages all claims, track incidents, review and make recommendations for improvement
- Allocate duties and responsibilities to the safety coordinators, issue guidelines and directives, provide training and development
- Ensure proper documentation of all safety related processes are maintained and submitted as needed
- Audit all aspects of our safety performance.
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current federal, state, and company regulations and policies
- Interacts in person and in writing with Area and Department managers, and other stakeholders regarding project-related conditions that have the potential to affect safety or facility operations
- Assist the Executive team with the preparation of a Contractor Action Plan each year, and direct its implementation
- Identify and drive improvements which reduce the environmental impacts of the company’s operations
- Prepare and maintain an emergency preparedness plan by incorporating federal, state, and local regulations
- Act as the lead person with our Insurance Captive, and take part in functions, with a leadership role on various committee’s
- Represent the Company in Associations and EventsJob Requirements:
- 15+ years of safety experience in a corporate environment, at least 10 years in the heavy civil construction field
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- CSP, CRIS or similar, OSHA 510, OSHA 500, OSHA 30 Hour
- Experience in a large project engineering and construction environment, including OCIP, CCIP and Captive’s
- Federal OSHA, The Joint Commission, EPA, FDA, DOT, CDC and NFPA laws/regulations, Texas experience
- High functioning personal organization, scheduling and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thrives in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual diverse workspace
- Fluent in Spanish and English preferred
- Able to travel, sometimes on short notice, potentially to remote worksite
- Able to overnight 5%Physical activities/Physical demands: Telephone daily 20%; keyboard manipulation daily 25%; standing 10% daily; bending 10% daily; and stretching/filing 10% daily, climbing 5% weekly, walking 20% daily.
Work environment: The work environment/physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This may be outdoors, a shop or manufacturing facility, or an office setting. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. Include the position and location in the subject line of your email.