Corporate Safety Director – Tampa, FL
Corporate Safety Director opportunity with a leading electrical contractor based in the Tampa, FL area!
The electrical safety director position is a critical leadership role responsible for driving a culture of safety, ensuring the workplace is a secure environment at all times. We’re looking for someone who is experienced, personable, and can work with ambiguity. This role leads the company’s safety best practices and implementation of the Electrical Safety and Health (S&H) program. As the corporate subject matter expert in safety, this position oversees the execution of the corporate safety program, and is also responsible for the provision of information, training, and support to ensure compliance with safety program as well as current and new regulations and legislation.
- Develop and implement safety programs using industry standards as well the company’s safety best practices.
- Assist in identification of safety related training needs as well as conducting safety related training.
- Coordinates regional accident prevention programs, and plans and conducts safety training programs.
- Serve as a consultant to our construction team and act as the liaison with subcontractors, compliance officers and customers on all aspects of safety.
- Participate in the execution of job site specific safety plans and ensure team adherence.
- Work with business leaders and supervisors to monitor implementation of the safety management and training programs.
- Review safety incidents and trends and recommend an appropriate action plan.
- OSHA 30 required, and OSHA 500 preferred
- 10+ years of construction experience
- 5+ years of safety management and training experience
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)70E, NESC (National Electrical Safety Code) and overseeing and managing the NFPA 70E program
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Written and verbal skills must be strong
- Frequent travel to project sites
Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply for this position. Include the position and location in the subject line of your email.
There may be additions, deletions and modifications to the qualifications and functions of this job periodically. Employees must perform all duties assigned to them by management. CORE Safety Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.