CORE Safety Group is a nationwide safety management and loss control consulting firm. We are currently seeking a Safety Manager to add to our Texas team in the Dallas-Fort Worth area!
The Safety Manager is primarily responsible for an assigned regional area and may oversee corporate safety projects. This position provides management, coordination, and technical expertise in all areas of safety, health, and environmental compliance. This position assists in the development and administration of safety policies and procedures, initiatives, and training programs to ensure that safety policies and practices are followed consistently. The Safety Manager will assist in establishing reliable methods for improving safety performance and creating a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, fostering a culture of safety, accountability, and compliance.
- Perform a gap analysis of the client’s safety program to correctly identify exactly what the client’s needs are
- Work with clients in developing processes and procedures that effectively accomplish the goal of zero accidents
- Routinely inspect projects to identify and abate potential hazards on both construction and general industry projects
- Develop and conduct training programs for existing and new policies and procedures
- Investigate all accidents and near misses to determine the root causes and make appropriate changes in policies and procedures to prevent reoccurrence of similar hazards
- Write project specific safety plans and job hazard analysis as required by the client
- Oversee, monitor, and ensure the completeness and accuracy of accident reports and investigations
- Act as an advocate for the client by maintaining a value of good corporate ethics and promoting safety, at every opportunity, as a core value of the organization
- A bachelor’s degree in safety management, construction management, or related area OR Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) designation
- Minimum of 5 years construction safety experience
- OSHA 500
- Knowledge of the OSHA Construction Standards CFR 1926, General Industry Standards CFR 1910 and other best management practices
- Knowledge of typical construction processes
- Computer skills using Viewpoint, SharePoint, MS Office
- Technical writing capabilities of developing policies and procedures for clients
- Travel required (25%), according to project demand
- Fluent in Spanish and English (writing and speaking) preferred
Work is performed both in office and field settings. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, bend, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. Employee may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee will also engage in indoor and outdoor safety training that requires physical dexterity, balance, and fitness. Clear vision and depth perception are also necessary.
In addition to physical requirements, employee must be sharp, focused, and alert when conducting his or her job duties and participating in employee safety trainings. This includes possessing the mental aptitude, cognition, concentration, and state of mind necessary to perform his or her job duties, with negligible distractions that could jeopardize employee’s work productivity, quality of work, and safety to self and others.
This position requires up to 25% travel (local, national).
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. Include the position and location in the subject line of your email.
There may be additions, deletions and modifications to the qualifications and functions of this job periodically. Employees must perform all duties assigned to them by management. CORE Safety Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.