Safety Manager – Dallas, Texas
CORE Safety Group is a nationwide safety management and loss control consulting firm. We are currently seeking a Safety Manager to join our team in Dallas, TX.
The Safety Manager is primarily responsible for an assigned regional area and may oversee corporate safety projects. This position provides management, coordination, and technical expertise in all areas of safety, health, and environmental compliance. This position assists in the development and administration of safety policies and procedures, initiatives, and training programs to ensure that safety policies and practices are followed consistently. The Safety Manager will assist in establishing reliable methods for improving safety performance and creating a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, fostering a culture of safety, accountability, and compliance.
- Perform a gap analysis of the client’s safety program to correctly identify exactly what the client’s needs are
- Work with clients in developing processes and procedures that effectively accomplish the goal of zero accidents
- Routinely inspect projects to identify and abate potential hazards on both construction and general industry projects
- Develop and conduct training programs for existing and new policies and procedures
- Investigate all accidents and near misses to determine the root causes and make appropriate changes in policies and procedures to prevent re-occurrence of similar hazards
- Write project specific safety plans and job hazard analysis as required by the client
- Oversee, monitor, and ensure the completeness and accuracy of accident reports and investigations
Act as an advocate for the client by maintaining a value of good corporate ethics and promoting safety, at every opportunity, as a core value of the organization
- A bachelor’s degree in safety management, construction management, or related area OR Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) designation
- Minimum of 5 years safety experience
- OSHA 500
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Training
- Knowledge of the OSHA Construction Standards CFR 1926, General Industry Standards CFR 1910 and other best management practices
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Knowledge of typical construction processes
- Computer skills using Viewpoint, SharePoint, MS Office
- Technical writing capabilities of developing policies and procedures for clients
- Flexibility – Makes effective decisions and achieves desired results in the midst of major changes in responsibilities, work processes, time frames, performance expectations, organizational culture, or work environment.
- Time Management – The ability to plan and prioritize your time to accomplish your goals in the most effective way.
- Building Collaborative Relationships – Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with clients.
- Forward Thinking – Identifies safety trends, clients’ needs, and provides the client with the necessary resources to fulfill those needs.
- Travel required, according to project demand
- Fluent in Spanish and English (preferred)
They physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, use hands and arms, reach, and talk or hear. They are regularly required to balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. They must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities include accurate near and distant vision.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. Include the position and location in the subject line of your email.