CORE Safety Group is a nationwide safety management and loss control consulting firm. We are currently seeking a Director of Safety Services to join our team in Dallas, TX.
The Director of Safety Services serves as CORE Safety’s point of contact for staffing related services and develops existing relationships into lasting relationships with our client’s management team. This position provides leadership for department operations including planning business processes, developing business strategies, and managing profit and loss (P&L) for their division. The Director of Safety Services is accountable for establishing reliable methods for improving safety performance and creating a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, fostering a culture of safety, accountability, and compliance. This position ensures compliance with all health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the company. The Director of Safety Services is responsible for the overall daily operations of the Safety Department and the overall success of the safety program.
- Work with Safety Managers and Safety Advisors to develop knowledge and skills necessary for efficient operation by evaluating work performance, and determining additional training that further enhances the performance of individual employees and the organization as a whole.
- Create individual growth plans with field Safety Managers and Safety Advisors.
- Provide technical assistance, work procedure development and job follow-up assistance to personnel.
- Review documentation to ensure all on-site reports and records are complete, accurate, and submitted per established procedures.
- Travel to projects periodically to collaborate with staffing employees and clients.
- Capable of technical writing to develop policies and procedures for clients that ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and strengthens the safety culture of the client.
- Write project specific safety plans and job hazard analysis as required by the owner.
- Conduct quarterly client visits to discuss goals, successes, opportunities and improvements.
- Evaluate the client’s need for safety related training based upon inspections, accidents and employee coaching and develops annual training objectives and goals.
- Create training modules that are proven effective by using visual aids, case studies, and group exercises.
- Coordinate all training activities including location, time, travel, etc.
- Capable of understanding the financial, accounting, marketing, and operational functions of an organization.
- Review project budget reports and determine the most efficient and effective way to complete the work.
- Act as an advocate for the client by maintaining a value of good corporate ethics and promoting safety, at every opportunity, as a core value of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Construction Management or related area
- Minimum of 10 years safety experience
- OSHA 30-Hour
- SWPPP Training
- OSHA 500 preferred
- CHST (Construction Health & Safety Technician) preferred
- Knowledge of the OSHA Construction Standards CFR 1926
- Knowledge of the OSHA General Industry Standards CFR 1910 and other best management practices
- Excellent math skills
- Knowledge of typical construction processes
- Computer skills using Viewpoint, SharePoint, MS Office
- Ability to wear all types of personal protective equipment/clothing
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Travel required, up to 30%
To apply please email your resume to Careers@coresafety.com
There may be additions, deletions and modifications to the qualifications and functions of this job periodically.
Employees must perform all duties assigned to them by management. CORE Safety Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.