CORE Safety Group is a nationwide safety management and loss control consulting firm. We are currently seeking a Safety Manager to join our team in Chattanooga, TN.
The Safety Manger will be responsible for identifying issues regarding occupational safety matters for multiple clients. This position shall promote the prevention of occupational injuries by working with clients in developing, promoting, and coordinating client-wide occupational safety and accident prevention programs. This position will perform internal audits of client facilities or locations to determine compliance with Federal, State, Local and Client safety regulations and procedures. This position will prepare and submit recommendations on safety violations regarding health and safety laws and regulations. The Safety Manager will conduct awareness and competent person safety & health training.
Successful candidate should demonstrate the following: Applicant should have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in speech and writing with members at all levels throughout an organization; strong writing skills with the ability to draft and write safety standards; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with diverse personalities. Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize work load, and display a high-level of organizational skills.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Occupational Safety, Technology, or Science but not required.
- Prefer five (5) plus years of experience in construction safety, confined space, hazard communication, personal protective equipment, electrical safety, fall protection and all other occupational health and safety regulatory standards.
- Must have experience within the construction industry.
- Prefer additional experience and background in general industry, pipeline, and industrial work.
- Ability to work independently and maintain accountability.
- Must have strong experience and knowledge with OSHA safety regulations in 29 CFR 1910 & 1926 and OSHA inspections.
- OSHA 501 or 500 Authorized Outreach Trainer certification.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and strong skills using MS Suite products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Work requires travel throughout the company's service area and will involve occasional overnight trips. Ability to wear all types of personal protective equipment/clothing. Work may be performed at elevated heights.
Note to Applicants:
If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to furnish an official copy of your degree, OSHA certifications or applicable licenses, in order to verify minimum requirements. *Relocation available.
To apply please email your resume to Careers@coresafety.com